The Director of School Nutrition oversees all aspects of the district’s Child Nutrition Program
and will serve as the Authorized Representative on all correspondence and contracts for the
program. This includes assuring compliance with District, State, and Federal requirements, laws
and ordinances regarding nutrition, sanitation, safety and record-keeping; selecting, assigning,
scheduling, supervising, directing, and evaluating school nutrition personnel.
The Child Nutrition Program includes the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs,
Commodity Food Program, Free and Reduced Priced Meal Program and other programs available
the US Department of Agriculture (USDA). This position will apply professional knowledge, ethics
and administrative skills in planning, directing, assessing, implementing, and evaluating a
comprehensive school food service program. This position reports to the Assistant Superintendent
for Operations and Continuous Improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Ability to set and meet high standards of customer service by developing a nutrition services
team that embraces a culture of both quality and service.
2. Thorough knowledge of food systems management, including the purchasing, receiving, storage,
preparation, and service of meals to students
3. Thorough knowledge of the principles of optimal nutrition as applied to children and youth
4. Thorough knowledge of Federal and State regulations pertaining to the operation of the Child
Nutrition Program and various nutritional, operational, and financial procedures as prescribed
the US Department of Agriculture.
5. Considerable knowledge of best practices in performance excellence and continuous improvement
6. Considerable knowledge of fiscal control and the budget management practices.
7. Considerable knowledge of personnel management practices
8. Considerable knowledge of principles of adult learning and ability to develop and provide
training programs for school nutrition personnel
9. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
10. Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
11. Ability to obtain a School Nutrition Specialist Certification with the School Nutrition
Association – Nationwide exam covering all aspects of Child Nutrition Programs.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in foods and nutrition, dietetics,
food service administration, business administration or a related field; with at least 5 years
of experience in food service in a large commercial or institutional setting and at least five
years of experience at the management or administrative level.
2. Possess or ability to obtain a level three (III) certification by the School Nutrition
Association. Required course work and CEU’s per year to ensure program knowledge administering
3. Food Handler’s Certificate.
4. Preferred RDN certified in the state of Wisconsin.
1. All Licenses
A license is not required for this vacancy.
- foods and nutrition, dietetics, food service admin
Experience: 5+ Years
|$71,770 - $97,101