1. Wisconsin DPI Licensure (teacher, guidance counselor, etc.)
2. Completion of LEG training
3. 30 Hour Online Teacher Certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Interest in supporting student success in online learning
2. Strong skills, experience and knowledge with customary online
learning tools (computer use, uploading files, online collaboration
systems, sending and receiving email, Internet navigation)
3. Knowledge of the characteristics associated with successful
4. Knowledge of the challenges associated with online learning
5. Effective communication skills and strategies
6. Ability to motivate students
7. Ability to assist students in problem-solving/trouble-shooting
8. Flexibility in work time parameters to meet learners’ need
9. Organizational skills
Responsibilities, Tasks, and Duties:
1. Assist in facilitating the student’s learning process through (at
least) weekly face-to-face, e-mail, or phone contact.
2. Provide orientation for the student; verify their ability to
access their course, send and receive emails, upload and send assignments.
3. Develop a file for each student. Maintain record of student’s
contact information, username, password, course information, and teacher
contact information. Include a printout of the course syllabus, outline,
and grading policies. Include weekly progress reports.
4. Send an introductory email to the online teacher. Communicate
any issues or accommodations that need to be made for the student.
5. Make sure the student completes the course orientation, if
6. Encourage the student to access/initiate work on the course in
the first two weeks to determine whether online learning will meet their
needs. Monitor the student’s engagement and discuss suitability of online
learning during this two-week drop period.
7. Encourage/assist the student to create a course file and to
include the schedule for assignments, quizzes, and tests (pace chart), as
well as contact information, username, password, course information, and
teacher contact information. Include a printout of the course syllabus,
outline, and grading policies.
8. Monitor weekly progress reports received via email; evaluate need
for additional student/parent/teacher contact and act accordingly.
9. Provide guidance department/administration/parents with updates
10. Encourage the student to check announcements, teacher emails,
calendar, and grade book each time they log in.
11. Be aware if course policy requires proctoring of quizzes and
exams, contact the instructor if that is necessary to facilitate
12. Submit documentation of course completion and grades to home
Reports to: Associate Superintendent
Position Goal: To provide effective orientation, guidance, support, and
encouragement to online students by facilitating regular communication,
effectively answering questions, and providing timely advice to promote
their academic achievement.
There are no benefits associated with this one year position.