|Computer Technician - District Wide |
|Monona Grove School District |
|Monona Grove School District |
|Full Time |
|Based on Experience |
The Computer Support Question Set is Required for this Vacancy.
- You must answer the questions before you can apply.
- To answer the questions, click on the "Question Sets" link from your Support Staff account's
Online Cover Letter:
- Click on "Online Cover Letters" from your main menu AFTER you have applied.
NOTE: Please send three (3) letters of recommendation
1. Set up and support district workstations, portable devices, printers,
peripherals, and software.
2. Provide recommendations for software and hardware, and for IT department
processes and plans
3. Know and comply with software licensing restrictions.
4. Use trouble ticketing system to prioritize work and communicate with
users about ticket status.
5. Provide basic training in the use of district computer equipment as needed.
6. Provide technical support to building technology leaders.
7. Back up and restore files on the network.
8. Create and manage Active Directory and Google Apps users and groups.
9. Configure and manage iPads, Chromebooks, and other portable devices.
10. Maintain currency of technological skills and knowledge base.
11. Perform other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
12. Endpoint security management (laptop, workstation, mobile devices)
1. Create and modify filtering rules on firewall.
2. Use SCCM to create and deploy software images and packages.
3. Create and manage Active Directory group policies.
4. Analyze and troubleshoot wireless connectivity issues.
5. When the Network Engineer is unavailable, isolate and eliminate the
source of network problems:
a. use monitoring software to monitor switches, servers, WAN segments, and
b. use protocol analyzer to troubleshoot network traffic issues.
c. use telnet and SSH to troubleshoot and manage network devices.
1. Associates degree or higher in a related technical field, or equivalent
training and experience.
2. Minimum of 2 years of experience.
3. Level I: A+ certification or equivalent training and experience.
Level II: CompTIA Network+, CCNP certifications or equivalent training and
4. Experience working in an academic institution, preferably K-12
education, strongly preferred.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of hardware and software troubleshooting skills
and problem solving.
6. Ability and willingness to learn new systems and technology.
7. Demonstrated ability in handling confidential matters in an ethical manner.
8. Knowledge of principles and practices of network design and administration.
9. Sound organizational skills and ability to recognize and change work
priorities in a timely fashion.
10. Ability to independently solve problems and accomplish tasks when given
11. Valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
12. Ability and desire to learn new systems and technology as needed,
13. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff and
recognize opportunities to train/educate staff.
14. Overall proactive approach to problem-solving and resolution.
Craig Gerlach, Superintendent
Monona Grove School District
5301 Monona Drive
Monona, WI 53716
http://www.mononagrove.org (new window)